Vastu for kitchen takes into consideration various things, which when properly placed, pave way for safety in the kitchen. Some of the essential determinants considered are: proper location of the kitchen, direction and placement of doors and windows, placement of cooking gas, gas cylinder, sink, refrigerator and other electronic gadgets etc.
Here are some Vaastu tips for kitchen:
- The ideal place for the location of kitchen is the southeast corner. An alternative choice can be the northwest corner of the house.
- As per the Vaasthu remedies for kitchen, certain directions, which are a total no for the construction of the kitchen, are: Northeast, mid-north, mid-west, southwest mid-south or the center.
- Make sure that the cooking platform does not touch eastern or northern side wall.
- The best direction for cooking is facing east, as this direction is considered to be auspicious.
- No shelf should be placed above the cooking platform.
- Refrigerator can be placed on the northwest corner in the kitchen.
- While constructing the kitchen, make adequate provision for cross ventilation.